First of all, I admit to getting teary-eyed watching this ad. Motherhood is the most fulfilling yet simultaneously emotionally and physically exhausting work I’ve ever done. I would have shared the heck out of it if I hadn’t been a little turned off when I realized it was an advertisement and I had been emotionally played. And when I read this post on Time, I agreed with their point about fetishizing motherhood, which actually leads to heaping the full responsibility of parenthood on mothers rather than involving and celebrating the fathers. I am so very thankful that my husband is equally involved in parenting and household chores, freeing me up to be more than just a domestic servant and to have a break when I need it. What do you think?
Welcome to TBKW!
The Beautiful Kingdom Warriors is here to empower Christian women and girls to find our callings as co-warriors with our brothers in God's Kingdom.
Check out our About page for more on us and our vision for TBKW. Our Links and Video pages are full of great resources regarding theology of gender, gender equality in the church, gender injustice, etc. We update our Facebook page with additional resources, so please "Like" us there! Thanks for stopping by!
Join 45,701 other followers
- Follow The Beautiful Kingdom Warriors on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Her father's joy - the story of Abigail
- Red Letter Christians Interview with Dr. Mimi Haddad
- R.C. Sproul on The Role of Man and Woman
- I Like to Think of Harriet Tubman
- The Ragamuffin Gospel: Chapter 1 - Something is Radically Wrong
- About TBKW
- A Response to Girl Defined - Is Feminism Devoid of God???
- Adam Galinsky: How to speak up for yourself
- Thomas Jefferson on Freedom
- The Theology of Empowering Women: Part 1
- #puppysnugglesRaiders won their second play-off game against Radford last night! 👏🏻👏🏻🏈🎉Birthday bowling!Raiders won their first play-off game last night, 40 v 6! 🎉🎉🎉 Good job, #57 @perry_winkle365 !! Proud of you! 🏈 ❤️Happy birthday to @ben_e_perry today!!! He’s our diplomatic, witty middle child who is always sweet and kind but inside he’s having an existential crisis and is making insightful observations about life. Ben loves having deep conversations, listening to good music, and taking naps. We’re so proud of our son and hope he has a happy birthday and a wonderful year!Handcrafted by Josiah @perry_winkle365 👏🏻👏🏻