First of all, I admit to getting teary-eyed watching this ad. Motherhood is the most fulfilling yet simultaneously emotionally and physically exhausting work I’ve ever done. I would have shared the heck out of it if I hadn’t been a little turned off when I realized it was an advertisement and I had been emotionally played. And when I read this post on Time, I agreed with their point about fetishizing motherhood, which actually leads to heaping the full responsibility of parenthood on mothers rather than involving and celebrating the fathers. I am so very thankful that my husband is equally involved in parenting and household chores, freeing me up to be more than just a domestic servant and to have a break when I need it. What do you think?
Welcome to TBKW!
The Beautiful Kingdom Warriors is here to empower Christian women and girls to find our callings as co-warriors with our brothers in God's Kingdom.
Check out our About page for more on us and our vision for TBKW. Our Links and Video pages are full of great resources regarding theology of gender, gender equality in the church, gender injustice, etc. We update our Facebook page with additional resources, so please "Like" us there! Thanks for stopping by!
Join 45,702 other subscribers
Like TBKW on Facebook!
- Follow The Beautiful Kingdom Warriors on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Her father's joy - the story of Abigail
- Francis Chan, the NEO House Church Network, and Women in Leadership
- Holy Post - Race in America
- A Litany to Honor Women
- R.C. Sproul on The Role of Man and Woman
- The Ragamuffin Gospel: Chapter 1 - Something is Radically Wrong
- Quoting the Fathers of Complementarianism
- The Liturgists Podcast: Ep. 40 "Woman"
- An egalitarian and a complementarian walk into a blog...
- Myths about Domestic Violence
- Celebrated mom tonight! 🎉🎂Happy 70th birthday to my lovely, sweet, and funny mom, @janlmcnutt!!! I’m grateful to have a mom with a big heart. She’s the best! Love you, mom!!! 💞💞💞Chopped my hair off — goodbye to all the old liquid blonde that has been growing out!Josiah sold his truck and bought a car this week! Our neighbor Teresa was so happy to sell to him ☺️Enjoying the pretty day with Abbey 💞Cousin time! We got to see Caleb’s rugby scrimmage which was very intense and confusing!! 😂