First of all, I admit to getting teary-eyed watching this ad. Motherhood is the most fulfilling yet simultaneously emotionally and physically exhausting work I’ve ever done. I would have shared the heck out of it if I hadn’t been a little turned off when I realized it was an advertisement and I had been emotionally played. And when I read this post on Time, I agreed with their point about fetishizing motherhood, which actually leads to heaping the full responsibility of parenthood on mothers rather than involving and celebrating the fathers. I am so very thankful that my husband is equally involved in parenting and household chores, freeing me up to be more than just a domestic servant and to have a break when I need it. What do you think?
Welcome to TBKW!
The Beautiful Kingdom Warriors is here to empower Christian women and girls to find our callings as co-warriors with our brothers in God's Kingdom.
Check out our About page for more on us and our vision for TBKW. Our Links and Video pages are full of great resources regarding theology of gender, gender equality in the church, gender injustice, etc. We update our Facebook page with additional resources, so please "Like" us there! Thanks for stopping by!
- Follow The Beautiful Kingdom Warriors on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- R.C. Sproul on The Role of Man and Woman
- Her father's joy - the story of Abigail
- Graham Explains Submission within the Trinity
- Thomas Jefferson on Freedom
- Adam Galinsky: How to speak up for yourself
- The Transformative Power of Good Leadership
- TBKW Fav Links
- Resource list: Abuse advocates and experts
- Seven Minute Seminary: Why Women Must Learn in Quietness and Submission
- The Ragamuffin Gospel: Chapter 1 - Something is Radically Wrong